Does my wavestream filter need to be mounted above the waterline?
The filter does not but the hull outlet does.
2. Attach the filter housing to the mounting bracket using the screws provided, ensuring the flow direction is correct; there is an arrow on the top of the unit. The arrow must point in the direction of flow from the bilge pump towards the through hull fitting.
3. Screw two hose tails in to the filter head using thread tape or compound to ensure a watertight seal. The hose tails are to be the corresponding size to match the flexible bilge water discharge hose.
4. Cut the flexible bilge water discharge hose immediately before and after the filter. Slide the two ends of the flexible supply hose over the hose tails on the filter head, check again the direction of flow and fit the hose clamps.
5. It is preferential the Wavestream™ filter is vertical and it is required to have enough space below the filter unit to remove the filter bowl when changing the XOil™ filter cartridge, check the system specifications at Section 4 above.
6. Tighten the hose clamps, using two on each hose connection.
7. Remove the filter bowl and check the ‘O’ ring is in position and the filter cartridge in place, tighten the bowl by hand. A plastic wrench is supplied for removing the bowl on the System 2 & 3 models, the wrench must only be used to remove the bowl not to tighten it.
8. Run the bilge pump and bleed any air out of the filter housing using the bleed screw or button on the top of the unit.
9. If the bilge pump overboard outlet is close to the waterline ensure water cannot flow back in to the bilge through the filter and bilge pump.
For full details on installing Wavestream, please see the Wavestream product manual, which can be found in the Download section of this website.
2. Replace the cartridge after there has been a heavy spill of oil in the bilge.
3. Particulate material in the bilge water may reduce flow and the life of the cartridge.
4. Do not pump your bilge if you suspect the cartridge needs changing.